Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 1-7

It's winter holidays! All the kids are on break and so the holiday programs are starting up next week. At Trinity they will have BLAST from Wed-Fri and the new church plant in Summerhill will have Turbo Time Tue-Thur. I met with the leaders Tuesday night to discuss my role in doing the music for the programs. Ken and I will create a cd for Turbo Time to use since they have plenty of volunteers to help lead whereas Blast needs more leaders. I enjoyed the brainstorming and coming up with song ideas - the main theme for the week will be Jesus Is Our Superhero and the kids will learn about God through David and Goliath, Daniel and the Lions Den and Mary being visited by angels. So, the main theme song for the week will be My God is So Big. We'll teach the kids Lions for Daniel-day and sing a Christmas carol for Mary-day. I love these holiday programs (like mini-VBS).

Wednesday I got most of my work done at church so that I could take time off when Ken gets home on Thursday! Also had our music team practice - we lead this Sunday and we're introducing another new song that I wrote, Psalm 145 (since we're reading Psalm 145 in the lectionary).

Thursday Ken came home, although, he came back sick :( It was probably something he ate or drank that had to get through his system. So he took it easy for Thursday and most of Friday. Friday evening I led the youth band practice and then helped him lead youth group (Pastor Max showed up to help too - the other leader was gone on holidays, hence I came to help). It was great to be working with the youth again - I've missed hanging out with them during Bible studies!

Saturday Tony had his birthday party at 10am at the 10-pin bowling alley! It was really fun, although we didn't bowl so well (it's been years since we've set foot in the alley). That morning the weather also did some strange things - like snow/hail in Palmy! That was pretty crazy and lasted all day until the sun came out in the late afternoon!

Our backyard


winter wonderland!


hail stones


Ken bowling


Pizza party after the games!


Sunday our team was on and God was totally in control - we hadn't all practiced together for three weeks (last week Ken wasn't there, the week before two other members weren't...) but everything ran smooth and the congregation loved the new Psalm song! That's the great thing about being worship director - I can write new music and try it out on the congregation to see if it's any good! :)

Monday Ken still wasn't feeling so well, so we just took it easy and enjoyed resting. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he battles this bug! Ah, but it is good to have him home again!

No comments: